Followers

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Doing something new!

You may have heard it said that the first step is always the hardest. Anytime we attempt to do a "new thing" there is always some form of opposition. Have you ever decided that you were really going to go on a diet? You know?.... You were going to eat better, start exercising, drink more water and really really dial it in to a brand new you? You've listened to all the motivation, read all the books, seen other people get some awesome results,and now it's time to get started! You may have said I'm really gonna step my prayer life up, my dealings in my relationships, my attitude, my outlook on my life or whatever the case may be. That all sounds great! Except you didn't count on the car breaking down, the negative cashier, your kids getting on your last nerve, your boss acting crazy,or the fact that you're so tired you don't feel like doing anything!!!! Yeah.. I've been there, you have and so has the rest of the free world.
What I've come to realize is that all of us will be faced with obstacles when we attempt a new thing. Man it's like the entire world knows you are trying to do something that they aren't accustomed to, and they want to kill it before you take that first step!!! Here's my suggestion to you and it's worked for me several times. You ready!!??? Tell yourself to shut the hell up!! You think I'm playin?? Tell it to SHUT THE HELL UP!! See... Nobody can stop your forward press except you!! I can't tell you how many times I've had to tell myself, "We are going to do this!" It doesn't matter how it looks, how you feel or what "they" say. Who the hell is "they" anyway??!! They can't help you lose that gut, they can't stop you from building your business, they can't kill your career, your family or your peace!
You mam, sir can do a new thing whenever you decide its your time for the new thing!!! Oh and please don't think when you do this that everything will be great initially. OMG! The beginning always sucks! I'm just gone give it to you straight! You'll have to still run/workout with the gut! The people you thought would support you will still be nonsupportive. Your job may still be crazy and your friends and family too! But YOU CAN DO THE NEW THING IF YOU BELIEVE YOU CAN!!! Time will pass on anyway! Look! Get the ugly beginning out the way and get going. I'm not sugar coating it because it's hard, real hard. That's why most people quit on their dreams because it's hard!! But not you! You can decide today that you're going to begin!! Do it big for you first!! Then as a byproduct you'll affect the lives of those around you! The New Thing begins whenever you decide it does! Be easy! Sodas Down!! Waters Up!!

2 comments:

  1. I think it important to remember, too that it's OK to begin again... And again... And again, until you reach your goal. But first, shut the help up and start. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it important to remember, too that it's OK to begin again... And again... And again, until you reach your goal. But first, shut the help up and start. Good post.

    ReplyDelete