Followers

Monday, October 21, 2013

You still got this even when it don't look like it!

My college football team lost. My pro football team lost. My son's car broke down and my fricken heel hurts!!! LOL!! All of these things happened in the span of a weekend, but in spite of it all I am blessed. Now I realize in the grand scheme of things..gov't shut downs, terrorist attacks and kids turning up missing everyday that my little issues are just that, little! But I think its important to understand that in spite of it all "we roll." I will admit im not the sharpest pencil in the box and I can be hard headed as hell. I probably shouldn't have run yesterday, but it was soo nice that I just couldn't resist!!! The air was cool, the leaves were changing and the sun was shining! As I ran I felt soo much peace and joy at how fortunate I was to be alive and in the moment. I thought about how we approach life many times just looking for the next "thing". You know what I mean? You can get soo far into the future that you forget to embrace the now. I mean im not saying that we shouldn't make plans, but we can't live so far in the future that we forget how blessed we are today. Today I am blessed! Today I am alive! Today I choose to be happy! Today I have life! Today I have abundant life! Those kinds of affirmations are necessary to combat feelings of inadequacies and depression. I always say to myself and people who throw pitty parties this one thing. The next time you feel some type of way about your life and everything that's gone wrong you need to go visit your local hospital and walk through the ICU. Feel me? Look at the people who are doing more than you with less than you. Ohh yeah! That'll make you shut up quick. You see my friends. You still got this even when it doesn't look like it! It's just that you and I have to change our perspective and introspective so that we can fly regardless of stuff,..because well you know...stuff happens and im being nice..lol!! As I ran i couldn't help but think how amazing God is in creation. I mean every leaf that i ran over and saw fall from the trees is different! Wait! Aint that crazy???!!! I mean think about that one time! EVERY LEAF THAT FALLS IS DIFFERENT!! How is that possible????!!!! LOL! Dang! It blows my mind to think that God made us all different with different abilities,gifts and yes challenges. But! in spite of that we still got this! Hang in there crew and don't give up! Ohh did i mention that in addition to all of my challenges i got to the gym this morning and my dang key fob wouldn't work the stupid door??!!!! Oh yeah!! Nobody could get in the place!! Dangit!!!! Soo i had to do some stuff at home instead. SMH!!! Oh well! I still got this! Ima go soak my foot!! LOL! Sodas down! Waters up! Peace and Love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment