Followers

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Fresh wind.

Good morning all! Today is a celebration in newness. What do i mean? Well, simply that today is a brand new opportunity that has been given to us to take in all that God has given us. I hate to sound like a big ol' cliche'. But everyday really is a gift! I mean just look around you at all of the stuff that's off the chain in the world, in your city and even in your own life. And yet and still, you and i are able to take in another gift from God. I appreciate the life i've been given, but you know there are times that i complain about things that aren't a drop in the bucket compared to other people and their situations. I mean...I could have been in Tacloban when that crazy Typhoon came through!! Can you imagine being in the middle of the worst water disaster in HISTORY???!!! And yet we complain! SMDH! Naawww what im going through aint that serious. Yeah we all have issues, but there is always somebody who has it that much more bad off. Today i'm taking a deep breath. Filling my lungs with the fresh wind of the day and saying Lord i thank you! Indecisive, filled with insecurities, not the sharpest pencil in the box, not as cool as i wanna be..lol! But i'm me! I didn't get to run my race this weekend and Maaaaaaan did i have a mini pity party!! LMBO! I had to laugh at myself. It wasn't so bad until i heard my coworker talking about how good it was! You know what??!! SHUT UP!!!!!!! Don't nobody care what you ran!!...Hahahaha! Seriously its all goood. But ummmm i was a little jelly!!!..LOL! Anyway, im on the come back trail with this foot and i'm embracing the fresh wind of this Tuesday. Im not promised tomorrow...but baby i got TODAY!! And it feels really good!!! Hey!! And you embrace it too! Tomorrow aint even here yet! Stop trippin about what could be and work with what is!! Fresh Wind begins right now, right this second! Inhale deeply...feel that? That's God enlarging you and He loves you! Oh and another thing! Sometimes the simplest things can mean soo much. In talking with another fellow runner about my cookie addiction. She said something sooo profound! If you don't buy it you can't eat it!! Hahahaha! Dang! News Flash!! Im on it! Shout out to Lisa Swan-Smith!! Sodas Down! Waters Up! Peace and Love!

2 comments:

  1. AJ, your blogging is inspiring. I can agree that everyday is a gift. That is one of the reasons I embrace an attitude of gratitude. I am so greatful for each day I breath and the people in my life. Things can change in a blink of an eye. Enjoy your gift of life and running and the people that surround you, because as you see things can change when you least expect them

    I can feel you on your "pity party" I have been there done that. In May I was supposed to run a half in Northern Virginia, and an emergency room visit 7 days before my run determined otherwise. Because like yourself I am a runner, I really wanted to run it! But against my better judgement I didn't, I wanted to lay out on the floor and cry. But that to passed and I lived to run another race again. Adolph, you will too, you will run again. So just know that you aren't alone.

    Thank you again for sharing your thoughts and feelings, you should know that your journey inspires many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyday is a new opportunity to get closer to the selves that we were intended to be. Set backs, while unexpected give us the chance to regroup, access where we are and what we have to do to do to move forward. I think, too, that it prepares us for the next level. You know what they say new level, new devil, but dealing with the unexpected right now gives us practice on how to deal with bigger stuff later. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete