Followers

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Listen to your body.

I will admit i have a lot to learn in life. But when i started running i had no idea how much i needed to learn from my body. I mean..in my mind there has always been a thin line between something hurting and me just being a punk and not wanting to run. But what i have discovered is that listening to the things your body is saying will save you a lot of grief in the long run(pardon the pun). You see, we all have one body that we've been blessed with. Our temple is to be gaurded not just by refusing to smoke, drink in excess or any kind of abuse associated with drugs. But we also have to listen to things that are signs of injury. It's sort of like driving your car everyday. You know how you know your car sooo well that at the slightest difference in how it handles or sounds you immediately take notice of it? Well its the same way with our bodies. I used to think when my car made a noise....ehhh it'll go away or worse i'd just ignore it! Not a good idea!!! It's not funny when you're on the side of the road because that noise you heard was a hose leaking or a belt that was about to break!! Dang! It's all the more reason that I need to do a better job of listening to me. Everything from getting more rest, to taking rest days, to getting regular exams and paying attention to that pain in my foot. We have to LISTEN! I have a doctors appt to have some blood work done to check for any signs of prostate trouble or anything else. My doctor says this is what you need to do as you get older. At 43 i know i have to pay attention to the signs that my body is telling me. I'm not a freeking health food person nor do i claim to be. But with only one body and no more on the rack to change up with, iv'e gotta take care of it as best i can. A dear friend of mine told me to put the cookies down!! LMBO!!!! Hmmm..she sais you love them, but they don't love you! Aight!! Aight! I hear you! Hahaha! I wanna drop these last 30 and i can't do it by eating cookies errr week! Dang!!! I'm trying to do better. I'm just keepin it real as they say! Well...keepin it real for me should be really chillin on the cookies. Soo join me in doing a better job at listening to your body and doing what you have to do to keep your engine running smooth. Sodas Down! Waters Up! Peace and Love!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good advice. Sometimes it takes just as much will to NOT do something because you know what is right for your body than to press thru and risk injury. A lot of times when my body is talking it is saying "..take a nap..." Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete