Followers

Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Purpose Driven Runner

For all the health benefits! For the improved confidence in yourself! For the sheer gratification of saying "I" did it! To keep your sanity! To keep from hurting somebody! LOL! These and i'm quite sure there are many other reasons we could add, to the purpose for which runners run. The purpose often times cannot be articulated. Why? Because frankly you often figure out the purpose each time you run. My running has evolved over the past year and a half. What started out purely as a means of getting in shape and pursuing better health, has turned into running for mental health. Ohh Yeah!! See! Running allows me to have my own therapy session. Whether on the "hamster wheel"(treadmill), or hitting the street. Running is my chaise lounge chair. It's purpose sometimes changes. But at it's core it's what helps me process a day, situation, challenge or whatever the case may be. Purpose! We all have one. Running is just the outlet that i have found that awakens the fight in me. Ever felt that "Boss" feeling when you do something that nobody thought you could do? Hmmm..maybe not even you? My friends your purpose i have found, actually unfolds with each run.
One of the best ways to build your mental muscle is by doing things that you don't necessarily feel like doing. See...when you push because you know what your purpose is, you get stronger and stronger. Ohh yeah! That pair of jeans you wanna get into, gets closer as you let your purpse drive you. That coworker you wanna smack??LMBO!.....Naww don't do that! But at least during your run you can process just how "not worth it" it is to respond to stupidity. Clarity!!! Clarity i say!!!!! The Purpose Driven Runner exudes clarity. You can make better decisions when you let you purpose drive you and not let lifes experiences dictate to you what your purpose is!! Runner's are full of purpose and that my friend is what drives us to hit the pavement, gym, treadmill, races every chance we get. Truth is....if we don't run? You might see a different person..lol! So leave us alone!!! And let us Run! We aint hurtin' nobody!! Let's keep it that way!! Sodas Down! Waters Up! Peace and Love!!

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of running for a different reason every day. Somedays it is for refreshing, Somedays to clear my head. Somedays to keep me from thinking aobut other things. Somedays (in an unpredictasble world) to prove to myself that there are still some things that I can control. It has been as mentally therapeutic as it has been a resource for better physical health. "And don't worry about anyone bothering you - I don't think anyone can catch you!

    ReplyDelete