Followers

Monday, December 2, 2013

Stay the course

Good morning! I must say that i am very grateful for the much needed time off from work. I enjoyed spending time with some family and friends. But can i tell you how good it was to do absoloutely nothing if i didn't feel like it..lol! That was awesome! But alas it is back to work and for that i am grateful as well. During my time off i caught myself doing something that i had never done previously and that is, staying the course. Now of course i ate some really good meals. I had some really good desserts. But i can honestly say i didn't go overboard!! And for fatboyrunnin that's a BIG DEAL! I still worked out. I still ran and i still kept the goal and focus in view. Even though i had to peer around turkey, ham, pies and cakes! LOL!! Staying the course i'm learning really comes down to a decision that you and i make everyday. I often ask myself is not doing what i know i should do in the way of my health worth it? The answer is always NO. But for real for real...the smells and the looks of all that good food try to lure you in and make you feel regrets. Staying the course through the Holidays isn't easy but it's what you and i have to do if we want to get where we'd like to be. Let's not let another winter go by where we say, "well there's always next winter to look and like we want to by next spring." DO IT NOW!!!!! During my break at Thanksgiving i ran the farthest i've ever ran...almost 15miles!!!! Talk about feeling accomplished!! I told myself that this vacation is no different for me. Why? Because this is a lifestyle!!! It's what i do! Feel me? And it is what we all should do. Momma used to say, "One monkey don't stop the show!"..lol!!! I feel like a few Holidays won't stop me from being the person that i want to be inside and out. Have a great day my friends and Stay the course!!!! Sodas down! Waters up! Peace and Love!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your accomplishment. Staying the course, I has a lot to do with being true to yourself, the person that you are and the person that you want to be. What I mean by that is you recognize and take note of your known pitfalls and frailties from the old you --you aren't trippin'. LOL You haven't forgotten where you came from, but you are dedicated to the person you are becoming so you press thru. Good for you. I hope I can do that, too.

    ReplyDelete