Followers

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Decisions Decisions!!

Well today was a beautiful day to be outside and just appreciate the life we have! I got a nice 10 mile run in and i felt better after this run than my previous runs. I can slowly tell that my stamina is building and im getting stronger as i fuel my body with food that is good for me but not always what i want. Speaking of eating what i want....lol! A crazy thing happened after i got showered and changed to get on with the rest of my day. I absoloutely love 7-Eleven coffee so i stopped there to get a cup....im in and im out. When all of a sudden out of nowhere a 2 for $1.00 glazed donut special was calling my name! I mean it was soo audible i think i can still hear it ringing in my ear as i stirred my coffee. I thought to myself..self! That sure would be delicious with this hot cup of french vanilla creamed java and besides...you did just run 10 miles!!! Hey!!! You deserve this! You work hard all the time!!! Eat the dang donut and don't make a big fricken deal about it! I must tell you the clerk was no help. Actually i think it was her fault. She tried to upsell me on it when i bought my coffee and said, "how bout 2 donuts for a buck?" "What happens at 7-Eleven stays at 7-Eleven" she joked...lol! For about 5 seconds i stood motionless..waiting perhaps for somebody to rescue me from a decision that to most isn't a real crisis. But no...nobody said a word! Until that is, a gentlemen behind me had like a bushel of banans. He said he was on his way to a soccer tournament and his kids needed potassium during the game. The clerk mentions to him that the bananas like the donuts are 2 for a $1.00 as well. Hmmmm...let me ask you. What would you do??? hahahaha! What a decision!!!! Donuts or bananas..donuts or bananas??? How bout i get 1 donut and 1 banana??? LOL! Won't that like cancel it out??? I mean that wouldn't be soooo bad would it?? Well with much deliberation i got the 2 bananas. Hard?? Yes!!!!!! Did i want donuts?? Yes!!!! But i realized in that instance that ultimately im the one who has to make the tough decisions when nobody is around. It felt good to be in charge of that situation and to tell my self NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heres the point. In life, beit a donut,job,children,health or relationship. You and i have to excercise the power we have to make our own decisions. There is a strength that grows within us as we take control of our lives through the decisions that we make. Control what you can control and leave the rest to God. Nobody can make us do anything!! Now i aint sayin i'll never have a donut again in life, but today aint that day!!! Hahaha!! Sodas down!!! Water Up!! Peace and Love!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ok can I just say decisions like that suck. I get it and I know why you chose the bananas. Slap a star on your back, but once again we are faced with the fact that we are in control of our destiny, our lives, our weight loss, our healthy diets or lack thereof. I believe that that is the key to it all- the acceptance that I am in control. 'And I know I am. It's not easy to look yourself in the mirror and say I am responsible for this.....all this. LOL. still, that is the key to our success. I am responsible. I am not a captive. I am capable of making good decisions for m y self. I have to do it hourly and just avoid places where I tend to make bad decisions for myself. As always congrats on your banana decision. Proud of you. Pray for me. :)

    ReplyDelete