Followers

Saturday, March 16, 2013

The RUN!

Amazing! Just a short year ago i started running and attempting to live a healthier life. Well today marked the biggest run for me so far. I got there early to stretch and warm up a little and i was grateful there was no rain. That was until,...lol! I stepped outside of the arena and cold rain drops were hitting me on the top of my head. Now i generally don't whine about running in the rain, but im like really?? This is my big race Lord...don't you know it would be more glorious if the weather was sunny and warm?? I mean come on! I've been working hard. Well...nevertheless it rained..and rained and rained a little more. I had to laugh at myself because you know?? That's just like God. You have your idea about what's perfect for you to be successful and then there is HIS way...yeah they're pretty different! Most of the time there is more glory in relying on Him through challenging conditions like a race than having everything really easy. Soooo!!..off we went. I was surprised at how good i felt. I mean i really felt good. All the training and running i'd be doing i could tell was really paying off. All the early morning workouts when i didn't feel like it. All the saying no to foods and drinks that i love. Oh yeah! and all the hills that i willingly challenged because even though i hate them i needed them. See..some things you don't want to do, actually are designed for future challenges or difficulties that you and i will surely incur. When you tackle them head on its preparing you for your destiny. When my buddy Kelvin and i stepped out into that rain it was either do or die. He said to me, "man i guess i'll just have to roll like i did when i was in the military." I thought to myself wow...What do you do in situations in life when you can't just say i aint doing this? Ya know? Like dealing with a bad job, relationship, kids,illness or whatever it is? We all have to keep on going no matter what. Life doesn't afford us the opportunity to just not RUN! Maaaaaaaan we gotta run! It's what we do! Anyway, as i ran the rain eventually stopped and i felt like a ROCK STAR!..Hahaha! You hear me?? I mean people clapping and yelling "Good job." Ohh yeah it was awesome. I was in my element and i was running my own race! I passed some people and believe me some people passed me. But it didn't matter!! I was in the RACE baby! There were hills and long stretches of them. I didn't know until after the race that this is one of the most challenging runs in the country! Really?? Wow! Even better. My goal was to run the whole thing and that's what i did!! My official time was 1:50:19.99 I feel good about that and im grateful, but im not satisfied. I'm a ROCK STAR on the move and i will get better one run at a time. See! You're a STAR in your own right you just have to get in the game and fight till the end. Find your niche whatever it is and get the band back together!..lol! Next up! My first half marathon in April!! Lets Go!!!! Sodas down!! Water up!! Peace and Love

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What an accomplishment! What a milestone in such a short bit of time. I am inspired and hope that I will run my own race(s) as diligently as you. One step and one bottle of water at a time. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Butta! You will and you are! Water up!!

      Delete
  2. Congratsulations,
    Now catch your breath and get ready for your half.

    ReplyDelete