Followers

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Coming to end of yourself.

Good morning everyone! What a wonderful day. I'm filled with so much encouragement,happiness and joy right now i can't even contain it!!..lol! I had probably one of the best weekends of my entire life!!! I ran my 2nd Half Marathon down at the beach and i had an absolute blast with my friends,family and other fellow runners. You know? I had kinda sorta thought in my mind that this race would be a lot easier than running in the mountains of Central Va. I mean Va. Beach is flat right?? Yeah! Wavy Gravy Baby!..LMBO! Ummm NOT!!! It was the hardest race i have ever run to date! Dang!!!!!! The start wasn't bad, but by 8 am the heat and humidity wrapped you up like a wet blanky! Can i tell you i wanted to quit!!!! OMG!! At about mile 9 going into 10 im thinking,"Man just walk the rest of the way." "Screw this!" It's not a big deal, i said. Who would know if you walked? I said. Then i started thinking about the runners i saw at the beginning of the race. One guy had a prosthetic leg, and another guy was pushing his mentally ill son in a stroller!!! Sooo i pushed...i thought about how God never quit on me even when im at my worse. Sooo i pushed.... I thought about where i've come from and the fact that each step i take will get me closer to the finish line. Sooo i pushed. I thought about how i'm tired of being FAT!! Sooo i pushed. I thought about all the many people who look at Adolph as a template to say to themselves, "If he can do it than i can do it." Sooo i pushed! It was grueling! It hurt! My legs started to cramp! People were laid out on the ground being attended to! Sooo i pushed! I literally came to the end of myself!! All i could do was block out the pain and Push!!!!! Push!!!! Push!!!! See! When you come to the end of yourself, that's when all you have is God. Let Him carry you beyond what your mind and body may be saying and feeling. I realized i wasn't running for me alone. I was running for soo many other people who are battling their way to a better person! Ohh yeah!! I felt like all of you were on my back! And if i had to drag my cramped up leg like EGOR across that finish line?? I was going to cross it!! Thank God for showing me on Sunday that when you come to the end of yourself, that's when you put it on auto pilot and let God take you the rest of the way. Be encouraged crew!!!! You can do anything you allow God to be a part of! Sodas down! Waters up! Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment