Followers

Monday, September 23, 2013

Demands.

Good morning and God bless you. Take care of this and run and do that. Make sure the kids do this. Go to work and handle your business and repeat! It seems that life is filled with soo many demands that there is hardly ever time for you. But what i have found over the past few years is that even though demands have a voice so do i. Responsibilities abound when you are living your life and the process of digging through what is meat and what is bone is challenging. While it's true that there are things that must be done, there are some things that can go undone for now and will really be ok. It's amazing to me how that people try and place demands on you without your permission! The truth is, you and i are only singular in our daily decisions and dealings. So we are only capable of doing soo much in a day. Again, the difficult task can be deciding what you will allow yourself to become attached to and what you won't. I try very hard to do the best i can with all of my decisions, but i will admit there are times when the demands of life can seem overwhelming. It's during these times that i have to step back and decide, "What is it that Adolph needs to do today?" After all that's all any of us has is "today". I think that's one of the many reasons why i run. It's my place of solitude and a source of strength to get grounded. Our lives are never short of things that need to be done. But the truth of the matter is if you don't take a break momentarily, you will break eventually. Sometimes we can act like the world will fall apart if we don't do this or that. Funny thing is, the world keeps on turning and will keep on turning with or without us. I remember when my dad passed years ago. I was sitting in the hearse and it was as if the world was passing me by in slow motion. I remember how i felt sitting in the back seat looking through tinted windows as we made our way to the funeral home. Looking out the window i saw people living life as normal. Kids playing, people going shopping, cars going here and there. I thought to myself, "Don't they know my father just died?" How could you just go on with your life? Well, life does go on. Demands are all around us. But don't let demands choke the life out of your life. I'm not saying throw caution to the wind. But please don't let demands keep you from enjoying the life that God gave you. Sodas down! Waters up! Peace and Love!

2 comments:

  1. Very well said. I know these feelings, and I love how you have expressed them here. You have a way of coming straight from the heart. I love it. And I run for the same reasons you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mike! I just say it how i feel it and try to be as transparent as i can. I just want it to help people and i'm glad it spoke to you buddy. Peace!

    ReplyDelete