Followers

Friday, September 20, 2013

Going from "I can't, to I will".

I can't explain it. I don't really know when it occurs?? But at some point on my journey in life i decided that "I can't" just isn't good enough. We've all experienced highs and the ever so crazy lows of life. But getting up again as i've stated before is the difference between those who talk it and those who walk it. Any time i think about how i feel and let emotions crowd out my "I will" it just proves i have more work to do mentally. There are times when i'm preparing to run, or should i say contemplating to run that i literally cuss myself out!! Hahaha! I be like get your fat blankety blank up from here! Lookatcha lookin all crazy!! Maaan!! Stop being a punk and let's get this workout in!! LMBO! You see..the path to "I will" isn't traveled by many when it comes to certain things that we should really be doing for ourselves. Just think for a moment. Nobody has to tell you to get up and go to work....well maybe they do?..lol! Because you know if a man don't work he doesn't eat. Nobody has to tell you to take care of things that sustain you and your family you just know you have to do it!! Sooo...why is it soo different when it comes to you pushing through a work out?? Hmmmm..well im not sure if this is the answer, but i think it's partly because we don't always immediately see the issues that come with not taking care of ourselves. You know? Its like a gradual progression to the body you don't want, and the health issues that rob you of some happiness. When i think "I can't" i think about the people i see running with an artificial leg..the people pushing parapalegic people in strollers in a Half Marathon. "I can't?" Ummmmm yes! " I will!" I've been gifted with another day to move my body in the day that God has blessed me with and so have you!! So pick yourself up and leave "I can't" and head up the street to "I will!!" In the end we only have us to blame for not living the life that we want to live. I read a real nice quote the other day. "Summer bodies are built in the winter!!" I love it!! Going from "I can't to I will" is totally up to you. Start today and don't wait!! See i used to do that a lot. Well i will just start Monday to move, but why don't you start just a little bit today???? You can do it!! I have faith in you! More importantly God knows you're able to do anything you put your mental to. With Him on board you got this!!!! "I can't??" Hmmp! Not hardly!!! "I WILL!!!!" Sodas Down! Waters Up! Peace and Love!!!

1 comment:

  1. LMBO!! I do the same thing sometimes. Before a workout, she will catch me looking in the bathroom mirror just talking down to myself and cursing myself out- just to make sure I get my butt out the door!! She just shakes her head. I thought that I was the only one who did this. I thought I invented it! HAHAHA!!

    I think people just need to believe in themselves just a little bit. When they get out there and get a little taste of success and progress, when they see what they are capable of, then the sky is the limit! Sodas down over here.

    ReplyDelete