Followers

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Take a lickin' and keep on tickin'

It was a day just like any other day. I got off my exit that takes me to work and out of nowhere BAMM!!!! A freekin deer hits the side of my little Corolla. Most of the time people will say, "I hit a deer!" When the truth of the matter is more times than not Bambi runs out in the road and collides with you. SMH! Anyways..as  i said...that big dummy runs into the side of my car. I'm thinking what the heck? Screw it! Just keep driving. Aint a thing you can do about it now. Just look at it when you get to work. And so i get in the parking lot and look at the drivers side of the car....nothing! Wow! Really?? Nothing?? I mean he hit my pretty good!! All i remember is sipping my coffee and seeing antlers to the left of me...lol! But when i looked at my 95' Toyota there was no damage. Now my attempt here is not to be a spokes person for Toyota, but to simply share that just as my little car took a hit and remained unscathed. We too should be the same. Ohh yeah! See..my car is what i call a "beater." LOL! It's got 340,000 + plus miles on it and it faithfully takes me wherever i need to go! I've driven in snow 6" deep, high water and yet it still keeps plugging along. As a matter of fact. When my other vehicles were giving me trouble..it was the "Yota" that remained sccrong!..lol. The point im making fam is that no matter what happens today or tomorrow, or next week or next year. We all have to keep on tickin'! In spite of the licks that life throws us. Now i will tell you that the "Yota" don't look like much, faded paint, peeling clear coat, missing hub cap. But you know what? It don't even matter!! I can get to the same destination that a Lexxus will except they may look better when they pull up!..LMBO! But who cares??!! I made it! And so will you. Some people wonder how in the world my car has lasted so long. Routine maintenance?...a little..as much as i can. I don't dog it either. In our own lives we have to approach everyday as though we were built to last! Invest in yourself. Get active, read a book(im trying to do better with that). Stretch yourself in areas that you  may be stagnant in. Try to learn something new about yourself everyday if possible. And above all else...trust the God that made you. He's rooting for you..He's rooting for us!!! He knows you have what it takes! Job took a lot!! But maaaaaaaaaan!! Did he keep on tickin or what????? One day at a time fam. We gotta lot of miles, but we in this to win this!!! Sodas Down! Waters Up! Peace and Love!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment