Followers

Monday, May 6, 2013

Celebrate where you're going!

Happy Monday everyone! Yeah i know Happy Monday..whatever!..lol! The truth of the matter is though, somebody made plans today and they aren't here to see them through. But look at how God has blessed us all with another opportunity to be alive. It's wonderful and im grateful for that. Today was a lift day for me in the gym and i couldn't help but to reflect on where im going. Everything may not be in perfect order in my life, but i won't let it stop me from celebrating where im going. On my way to a new attitude about life. A whole lot less materialistic, more appreciative,less selfish,being in better shape, thankful to God for every little thing,thankful for air to breathe,sun and rain and all the rest! It's Monday but it's a celebration for me of where im going. I set some new goals for myself in my mind. In 2014 prayerfully i will run the Chicago Marathon!! Ohh yeah!!! Baby!!! LOL! I love me some Chi-Town!! Ever since i went there on a band trip in the 11th grade im sooooo in love with the city,the jazz and the culture there! Im also going to do the Father's day 4 miler in my area for the 2nd time this year! Oh and another Half Marathon in September! Celebrating your journey is important. You don't want to be mad at yourself all the dang time just because you're not where you want to be yet! At least that's what im telling myself today. Enjoy the flowers,the people, the challenges and appreciate the progress. I've come a long way but i know i have a long way to go. The beauty of it is, i have the rest of my life to get there and so do you! It's not who gets there the fastest, it's about endurance...yeah methodical and mundane. Grinding it out and thanking God for another chance to keep it moving! So today im celebrating because im on my way and so are you! Don't get down on yourself, just try to be better and embrace the life you've been given. Sodas down!! Waters up! Peace and love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment