Followers

Monday, May 13, 2013

The door is open...just pull it.

Ohhh Monday..it's you again??!!..lol! Seriously my weekend was cut wayyyy short because of work. But you know im grateful for the OT..thank God! You know how the saying goes? "Be careful what you ask for because you just might get it?" Well i asked for some extra loot and God delivered..I'm just trying to get out of this groggy state. What better way to start the morning than with a run. Got to the gym and knocked out 5 miles to clear my head and just contemplate my next moves in life. Maaaaan sometimes i wonder why i didn't start running sooner? But then again there is a time to everything. Last while at work we ran across a student who was trying to enter a building to go to class. We watched him for about 2 minutes struggle with 1,000 keys to get into this building. Here's the thing though. We all know that the door is unlocked and never has been locked. Sooo all you have to do is pull on it. We laughed a little a bit...ok.ok..a whole lot!..lol! Finally my coworker walked over and told him to just pull. As i sat in the truck watching their exchange i realised that we as people are a lot like that guy. Sometimes we can assume the worse,think the challenge is too great, or believe that there is a locked door when in all actuality all we have to do is pull it open. Wow..i thought about how much time i wasted thinking myself out of things because i just assumed it wont work out. When i have a challenge im learning to just try. Eliminate the obvious things when you face a brick wall and then build from there. Trouble shooting challenges for me should be just like that. Mechanics do it all the time, doctors do it all the time. I think when we have a problem the answer is often right under our nose so to speak. Stay calm when you're in trouble is lesson number one for me. That initial shock is a killer. But after you think it through and just chill then your mountain slowly dissolves into a mole hill...hopefully..lol. Practice, practice and practice!Anyway, life is one big learning lesson and everyday is an opportunity to be better and get better at it. Don't assume the worse of things and situations i say..don't assume the worse of things and situations. Pessimism sucks! Sodas down! Waters up! Peace and Love!

2 comments:

  1. Great post. I have been that person with the keys many, many times. Sometimes I have even relized that I was standing in front of the wrong door. :) Its all good. Lesson learned. I seem to be learning a lot of lessons a lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Butta! I can definitely say the same about myself. Standing in front of the wrong door?? Ha! That would be me! Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete