Followers

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

To kill a Mocking Bird.

Yesterday i learned something that i haven't really given much thought to that made a lot of sense as to how we sometimes approach life. While i was at work i noticed a bird that i'd seen before but had no clue what it was. I asked my coworker who is more of an outdoorsy,sportsman like guy what it was and he said it was a Mocking bird. He says yeah..this bird mimics other birds. Really?? Ok...i had idea. But when i thought about the name im like duhhh.."Mocking Bird." Hhaha! It makes sense now..LOL! So i go on to say, "So this bird can sound like other birds?" "Oh yeah", he said. Robin, Blue Jays,Swallows or whatever. They "mock" other birds. I thought for a moment how crazy it is that i have mocked other people trying to be like them. You know? Not really having my own identity and pattering myself after somebody else. I'm at a place in my life now where it's cool to be Adolph. I'm learning everyday not to seek the approval of other people for my life. And as i said in an earlier post im celebrating baby!!! Oh yeah! Im on my way to the real me. Ha! How many times have you noticed or caught yourself talking in the dialect of somebody that you're in the presence of? OMG! It's hilarious..I remember talking like a guy i met in college who was from Jamaica. Now you know goodness well im from Hampton,Va...lol! No where close to the islands mon! LOL! My point is this. BE YOURSELF! Maybe you have arrived at the place called YOU and that's cool. But im a work in progress and im trying to Kill that Mocking Bird. What's the bird? Hmmmm...the bird is that voice in your head that says,"your not smart enough","your not good enough","you can't do this","if you were younger you could,but your not". "You need to look like this and act like that". Whatever! Listen! I think life for us is about finding your own voice in a world full of voices. It's ok to take bits a pieces from the lives of others to learn different things, but in the end i have my own voice and so do you. Confidence grows for me as i push limits in stretching myself physically through working out. It's like there is a carry over into my everyday life that starts within,to the gym and then to my world. Be encouraged everybody and Kill that Mocking Bird! You matter, and believe it or not people are mocking you. Hahaha! Aint that a trip? Yeah humans observing other humans and some of them think you're the best thing since sliced bread. LOL! Everybody needs to find their own voice. Learn from others but DO YOU! Sodas down!! Waters up!! Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment