Followers

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Doing your part.

A wonderful vacation comes to and end for me. But I am grateful for the much needed time off and I am fortunate to have a job to go back to. Last night as I watched with America concerning the verdict in the Trayvon Martin case I was soo upset that I had to turn off the tv. Shock, disappointment and utter disbelief filled my mind and spirit. Regardless of how you feel about the case, the fact remains that an unarmed teenage boy is dead and the justice system in Florida has allowed the killer to go free! Free!...Free! or is he? At best he will live with the consequences of his actions everyday. And while I am hurt concerning the verdict, I feel a sense of overcoming that accompanies my many emotions. I think deep down inside I have found another "why" in my life to continue my journey to a better me. Without question my mother is #1 but now a young man by the name of Trayvon Martin inspires me to push the more to do what I have to do be a better me. Doing my part is embodied in the belief that even though man may kill the body...they can NEVER kill my spirit. There is a level of freedom that comes with being unafraid to die for what you believe. And as long as I hold fast to God and His promises I will never die. As I rise each day I am grateful for the life that I have been given, the opportunities before me and the obstacles i have been able to hurdle and put behind me. Life is precious, fragile and short. And so i run. To keep me focused, to help me get stronger mentally and physically. To Shut the naysayers up! To tap into the God given potential and ability that was given to me before i was formed in the womb of my mother. The bottom line is, we are all extremely powerful beings that must learn to not sell ourselves short with what God gave us. So what? If nobody supports you! So what? If i'ts never been done that way before! So what? If you don't have the resources! So what? If you're not as strong, smart, or as fast as others! They can't do what you do. Ohhh no! You got you on lock baby! And it doesn't matter what the opinions of others is. Doing your part to make this world a better place begins with you. Oh yeah! Taking a deep look within, clearing out all the voices of negativity and doubt, and pushing forward towards your dreams and goals like never before. Nothing ever gets done in our lives by just talking(ive learned that the hard way), after we talk we have to DO! Listen to those that are where you want to be, and speak after you have listened to all the information, before you form an opinion. I have learned the best way to reach people is to be honest with people about your story. Select what avenue would best suit your abilities to help this world be a better place and pursue it like God would have you to. As i run i learn more about myself and what i can do to contribute to this world being a better place. I hope you all do the same.
Sodas down! Waters up! Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment