Followers

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Live,love and laugh!

What a wonderful weekend to enjoy family and friends! I hope that everyone had a great time and enjoyed themselves to the fullest. I had a great time catching up with family and friends as well. It's a trip how you can stumble on nuggets of truth when you're not even looking for any. This weekend I had the opportunity to speak with a man who was for all practical purposes a "dead man." His heart was in such bad shape that he needed a transplant! But not even a year after the surgery he was at a cookout sharing his miraculous story with me!!! Wow!! He shared how he had God to thank for being alive and as I sat and listened to his wife chime in to correct him on dates like many women do...lol! I couldn't help but think how fortunate and abundantly blessed they were that both could experience such a testimony that would pull at the "heart" of most people. She watched him like a hawk with food selections and so forth. Why? Because when you're given another chance at life  you don't squander it!! It's crazy how the choices we make in life often don't change until something crazy happens to force us to change. Not that this gentlemen lived a foul life at all. But it made me think about my own life. With the death of my parents I feel like I too have another chance at life. Mom had diabetes and dad had a stroke. So in my mind, to give myself a fighting chance at living a long productive life I needed to change as well, before I was MADE to change. The reality though is this. Just because you work out and eat right doesn't necessarily mean you won't have health issues. But at least i'd like to give myself a fighting chance at avoiding health risks. While in Hampton this weekend I ran and I always get a little nostalgic when I go home. Everything there reminds me of my mom and dad, family and friends. But off I went this morning! Hot and humid is always the case in the summer time down there, but I had a blast. I started thinking as I ran how blessed I am to be alive, how loved I am by God, family and friends and how everyday i'm learning to not take myself so seriously and laugh at myself! LOL! Especially the fact that Adolph is running and nothing is chasing him!..LOL! To say that life is short is an understatement!! None of us knows when the end will be for us. The people on that plane in San Francisco didn't know! So until then let's live, love and laugh! Thank God often and stay humble. None of what we have belongs to us. We're just charged with being the best stewards of it while it's in our possession. Embrace each day and try not to think so far ahead! Yeah I know! But what about this and what about that???  Tomorrow hasn't even gotten here yet man!! The scriptures tell us it's filled with it's own set of challenges(tomorrow that is). So live in the present! LIVE, LOVE and LAUGH!!! Sodas down! Waters Up! Peace and Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment