Followers

Friday, July 26, 2013

You're not invincible!

Good morning folks! Well thank God for this gorgeous day and the life that we have and in spite of everything going on in and around us, i'm glad to be alive!! Yesterday i had the opportunity to talk to a friend who's child had gotten into some trouble. Through some bad decisions his son made he got a DUI, and now is faced with all kinds of embarrassment, legal fees and soo many other hurdles! As we talked he shared with me how that the things we do when we are young seem soo cool..That is until your cool factor gets broken down. You know the cool factor right???! I thought about how that is soo true when your young and uninformed!!! Maaaaaan! I can remember thinking as a young teenager,"its the other guy, im too cool to get caught up." That is of course until i got caught drinking in public as a young teenager in the hood. I'm not trying to give grown folks a teaching on drinking here. LOL! The point im trying to make is that none of us is invincible. Especially when it comes to life. Hmmmp! You can be flying high today and think you got it going on and then WHAM!!!!!!!!!!! Something comes along that you didn't even consider because of a bad decision that you made. Deciding to do what you know to do is not always the easiest thing. At least not for me. I'm just being honest. Because sometimes what you know to do, isn't always what you want to do! I told my buddy how i wish i had listened a little more to older folks when i was a kid. But when your young and dumb you just KNOW your invincible!! Shucks! Even when your older and in your 40's you can think that! Can i tell you it's a fake life when you think stuff can't happen to you. It's not enough to be armed with information. You have to move from that vantage point to execution! Soo when i look around at soo many people who had it all and lost it all, i think how blessed and fortunate i am. You may not have a million dollars but you have your life! And that's worth more than all the money in the entire world. What you do with it is up to you! I think at the point that you realise your not invincible, that's when the world starts to open up to you. You begin to see things in a different light. My approach is always, " there but for the grace of God go I". It could have been me in that wreck with now survivors, or me with an ailment that has no cure and the list goes on and on and on!!! Invincible???!!..Not hardly! Life is precious!! And soo as i exercise the body, my mind gets the message as well. Take care of the treasure you've been  given, STAY HUMBLE,and trust and believe that NONE of us is invincible!! Sodas down! Waters up! Peace and Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment