Followers

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Being productive means staying ready.

Happy Sunday everyone! What a beautiful weekend here in the mountains! Sad to say the weekend seems to be over just when it's getting good..lol! Anyway, today I thought about how in the past I've come up with so many excuses for not working out or running. You know we all have them. But I can feel myself beginning to change that mentality into "staying at a ready". For instance. I know I may be a bit over the top here. But I think whenever you have the opportunity to get a workout in if you have some wasted time, then you should take full advantage of it. Today as I was washing clothes I thought to myself..hmmm. While im not doing anything I could get a workout in for an hour or so and come back to finish up my laundry. Soo that's just what I did. It didn't take me out of my schedule, nor did it require me taking time away from something that I had to do. See. Whenever you feel like you don't have time to do something, maybe you should take a closer look at the gaps in your day or schedule and see where you might be able to fit some exercise in? Seriously, if we don't have time to take care of ourselves then we really are TOO BUSY!! I mean don't you deserve to have some time to be active and pursue your own health goals? Not only does this apply to our health, but in all areas of our lives. We should all try to be as productive as we possibly can and stay ready for opportunities that will come our way. Doing our best everyday can be a challenge and sometimes we don't always feel like giving our best. I know I don't. But in the end you never know what path may open up to you by putting away excuses and doing the dang thing!! I think after 43yrs on planet earth I've finally figured out the secret to success in just about anything. CONSISTANTCY!! Oh yeah! See that's a problem with 99.9% of the people on earth! The other .1% are in denial that they don't have this problem...lol! Doing what you know you should do day in and day out can be a trip! Especially when people don't seem to appreciate your efforts or better yet, when you don't see a difference in your life after continually doing what your doing. But here is the thing. You have to keep doing it, because it's working. The scriptures tell us not to be weary in well doing. Why? Because we will reap if we faint not. Deep down inside of you things are changing. Your mind is changing, your body language is changing, your attitude is changing. And as YOU change your life will begin to change. It's long race folks, so pace yourself. What are your goals? What are your dreams? Be productive and stay ready even when you don't want to and watch doors begin to open up for you. I am sure that the best is yet to come for us all if we can master these 2 things! Aight! Ima have a cookie!! What?? You aint know??? Hmmm..ima work in progress!...LMBO! Sodas down! Waters up! Peace and Love!!

2 comments:

  1. I read somewhere that success happens when preparation meets opportunity. I guess that is what you are talking about and it is true. There is nothing wrong with being excited about getting healthy and being committed.to it, however there is something to be said about rest. I think there is a fine line between drive and obsession and ignoring that can have adverse effects on health that can be just as debilitating as not exercising at all. It is good to be healthy and make the most of every opportunity to achieve our best selves. It is equally as important to listen to the bodies that we are asking to work so hard for us and give them the rest and relaxation that they need to rejuvenate and repair to get ready for the next time. there is nothing wrong with lying in a hammock and enjoying the sun between workouts. There has to be a"between" so that we can "become."

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very true Butta! I definitely have been guilty of "pushing the envelope a bit". But i do believe the same. I guess it's the periods where we may conveniently excuse ourselves from activity because we don't feel like it. Thanks for your input!

    ReplyDelete