Followers

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Magnificent 7!

Good grief!! The heat is on people!! Summer time is officially here and this heat is something else!!! Everyday we rise it gives us another opportunity at achieving things that we never thought possible. And as i stated in an earlier post. It gives us a chance to be consistent. I have a friend who started running just a couple of months ago who has achieved some really great things through persistence. I must add that she actually use to joke me about running soo much, and why you gotta run ALL the time??!! LOL! Hahaha! Well the shoe is now on the other foot and im proud to say that Adrienne Hamlyn has come over to the runners circle. She accomplished a great feat earlier this week by running 7 miles!!!! Yay!! 7 miles people! This coming from someone who hated running! Who said i aint doing it! It sucks! LOL! Look! You never get pressure from me on the subject. You know my motto! Keep doing you! Whatever works! But what is interesting to me is how people who observe what you do are curious about what you do. Especially if what you do is producing some sort of result. Well i've been running a little over a year now consistently and i can tell you i feel 110% better. I told yall in the "Mirror Check" post how good it can feel to walk past a mirror and see some different stuff going on with that belly!..lol! It's a good thing! And so im glad for her as well as Ryan Roy who also is pushing his way through mile after mile! God is good!! You know? This just proves to me over and over and over again folks one thing!!! ANYBODY CAN DO THIS!!!! You just have to have the will and the determination to get it done. Get tunnel vision with this thing and never mind the naysayers. You know im not big on all the HATER sayings!..They get on my nerves...lol! But i will say this. If Haters can be your motivators then so be it!..Find your why and keep on truckin!!!!
5 miles done today crew! 46:17!! What??!!!!!!! Run,walk,jump,skip,lift! Whatever it is you do, just do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sodas down,Waters up! Peace and Love!!

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit I don't particularly like running, but I love the way it feels to put one foot in front of the other and not stop until I each whatever goal I have set for myself "today" -- just today. It is a process, right? . It is a day by day battle with fatigue, selfdoubt and busy-ness that I am over coming with every step. I hope iI can continue. Thank you for the encouragement, example and support. Sodas down, water up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent!! You are doing such a wonderful job! Stay with it and keep fighting the good fight of faith!!

    ReplyDelete