Followers

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Wayyy Up!! and Wayyy Down! Stay balanced..Stay humble.

Hey crew!! What a wonderful weekend! It was crazy busy for me, but nevertheless I enjoyed it and I had an excellent 10 mile run on yesterday! The breeze was cool and the mountains were awesome. Anyway, I thought today how life is filled with soo many ups and downs. It's like you get through one thing and here comes something else. Ever been there? Then you have a great big ol' victory in one area of your life and then an epic fail the next day!! SMH! A good example of this seems to be Tiger Woods. I mean the dude went through some serious issues personally, and it definitely affected his game. To the point where he hadn't won a major event in years. Then finally he starts to get that swagger back and he wins  the Players Championship! Wow! Soo long a wait and he finally did it!!!
But then, don't celebrate too soon. Today we learned he's played THE WORSE 9 holes of his professional career in the Memorial tournament??? Wait a minute. Is this the same guy? We thought he was back, this can't be true! Uhh, but  Oh yeah...it is.  This kind of reality check should serve us well in realizing the importance of not getting the BIG HEAD. You know the BIG HEAD don't you?
Yeah..see that's where you think you're all that and then some, just because you've had some victories in your life. The reality is this. Life has a way of humbling the proud and shutting up the loud and overbearing. Now I don't really know about you? But I can remember how that before Tiger's scandal broke he wasn't nearly as humble. Some reporters and commentators said that the Wood's before the scandal would hardly give an autograph, much less an honest interview. Funny how life can make you be real with yourself and others. I am soo very grateful for the person I am becoming and the gift that running has afforded me. I've had some really good experiences in meeting soo many people who have found their own Why for running. It's amazing to me and I am humbled by it. Truth is though there are days that I get the big head and think, "i'm doing the dang thing!" When actually i'm the same guy that's susceptible to giving up and throwing in the towel everyday. I have my days that I feel on top of the world and others that I feel like a slob!!..lol! The key here is to stay as balanced as much as possible. Spend more time listening than talking, and appreciate and thank God for everything and everyday! No matter how high we get, gravity sais, "what goes up must come down."
Enjoy your victories crew and embrace them, but for the love of life. DO NOT think it's all about you! Cause it aint! Shout out to Bethany Jones Rose for pushing me to start this blog! She ran her first 5K in D.C.!!!  Sodas down! Waters Up! Peace and Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment