Followers

Friday, April 5, 2013

Get that rest in!

Well we made it! It's another Friday and im grateful for that. All this week ive been deep in thought about many things. But one of the things i feel is relevant for me to take in is the importance of rest. I've been told i go hard all the time with such a long day every day..lol! Hey i can't help it! Some times i just get soo dialed in, and i know my body needs a break. I'd been reading many articles that suggest runners who rest usally run a long time during their life. Sooo! Here i go. Today i decided to chill. Take a breather and lay in bed another hour. I know my body needs it and im glad i did. In life i believe it's the same way. You can go so hard chasing dreams,health and success or even just trying to live everyday, that you forget about yourself. Man you need to take at least a day for you!! What?? Do you really think life will stop because you get off the ferris wheel for a day??? Shooot! I'm learning that i need to do a lot more of this. At least once a week i need to rejuvenate myself so i can continue to stay focused. Have a great weekend everyone and make sure you get that rest in!! We only have one life to live on this side!! But tomorrow you best believe im gettin that long run in!! hahaha! It must be done!! I was built for this!! LOL! Lets go!!!!!! Sodas down!! Water up! Peace and Love!

2 comments:

  1. Rest is a necessary evil, however as a runner it is difficult to do nothing. Sometimes I just need to run just 3 miles. However, without resting our running days will be numbered. I am guilty of making up for "lost running time." Especially when I am training from runs. I must learn the art of rest from running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt TGR! I am learning as well. I feel like i always have to be doing something, but its cool to chill at leats one day a week for my mind and body to recover. Thanks for your comment!!

    ReplyDelete