Followers

Saturday, April 27, 2013

The experience!

13.1 miles!!!! The culmination of a God who has my back and a fight in my gut. My first Half Marathon Park to Park run is dedicated to the memory of my mother. I know that Shirley B. Young would be sooo proud of me! I couldn't help but think about this little woman with the heart of a lion..lol! Momma would say,"Boy you aint got time to quit!"...and im proud to say i didn't.
This run was also dedicated to every pick up basketball game i didn't get picked for. Every fat joke that i've ever heard. Every voice in my head that said, "why the hell are you doing this?" LOL! Ohh i wanna thank you! Ohh yeah! See! It's because of you that i rise each day with a mission. A mission to do what some think is impossible. A mission to push the limits of my inner self mentally and physically. A mission to embrace each day like it's my last! A mission to live life on purpose like my mom did! This run meant a lot to me to complete and im soo grateful for the life, the breath in my body, the limbs i have and the mind that God gave me.
I want to encourage soo many others who struggle with working out or getting to a place where they are consistant in their efforts to be just a bit healthier. If i can do this??? So can you!!!!!!!!!!! What are you waiting for?? Make the decision to get it done!!! So what if you started and stopped???!!! Get your tail back up and try again! If you don't try theres no way you can win the battle inside of you. You know deep down inside what you need to do. Stop comparing yourself to other people and thinking,"Well im not as big as them, Or at least im not looking like this or that."  You know what? Stop trippin! And get on your own grind! Its your body and your life!
As i looked around at sooo many people there, i guess about 600 of us. Everybody was running for different reasons. Secretly you don't know what they were running for. Some just for personal bests,others for loved ones and still others for healthy reasons. FIND your reason and push yourself to go do it! Hills can't stop me! People can't stop me! Criticism can't stop me! ONLY I CAN STOP ME!!!!!! And guess what? Only YOU can STOP YOU! Sooooo make the decision today to have an experience of your own folks. Trust me! The feeling you will have afterwards will leave you feeling excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sodas down! Water up!! Peace and Love!!!

3 comments: