Followers

Monday, April 1, 2013

Fine tuning your craft.

I hope everybody had a great Easter! On this first day of April we are truly blessed to see another day in spite of what we may have been through or are going through. This morning on my run in the gym i turned from ESPN and looked at an old movie from years ago. It was Total Recall with Arnold Schwartanager. Its a little difficult for me to read subtitles while running..lol..but nevertheless one line caught my attention. The villain in the movie is upset because one of his cronies let Arnold get away. Anyway, the guy says to the boss, "I thought i could catch him." The boss replies,"I don't give you enough information to think." Hmmm..wow..i thought. How many times have i NOT put forth the effort to gather enough information to think about being better at whatever it is im doing?? Now i realise there are some things that we are just not that interested in and that's fine. But the thing that really drives you, the thing that you feel you're really good at; that's the thing that you have to study up on to be your very best at. I have friend that runs with me and he was sharing with me about some books he's read that have helped him to be a better runner. I was soo intrigued to hear him talk about how much he has learned that it sparked in me a desire to be better at what i do. You and i have to gather enough information about what it is we aspire to do or be, for us to be at our best. At the end of the day we should all be able to say to ourselves, " I gave my best effort." We are not trying to please other people, but we are trying to be settled with what we bring to the gift that God gave us all. Fine tune your craft people. Everyday im learning more and more about myself. There are limitations that i didnt realise could be broken that i have broken. Ohh did i tell you i ran 13.1 miles on Saturday??? ...LMBO! Ohh yeah! Me! Adolph! The guy from downtown Hampton that likes Snickers,pepsi's and donuts! I'm that dude, being transformed into another dude that runs now,eats a lil better(but still loves pancakes) and is trying to change the course of his families health history. If you'r reading this you have been blessed with another opportunity to fine tune your craft! Nobody knows when their last breath will be right? So work til you can't work anymore my brothers and sisters! The night is coming quick for many. What memory do you want to leave about yourself? Fine tune and do you! Sodas down! Water up! Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment