Followers

Saturday, February 9, 2013

I had a moment.

Well thank God i did what i said i was going to do today. I told myself that from here on out i need to do 10 miles on Saturday's in preparation for this 10miler next month and i was able to get it done!! I couldn't help though at about mile 8 to be overcome with emotion just thinking about my mother. GOD!! I miss that woman! She taught soo much about life and people and how to stay focused even when it doesn't feel good. I watched her work one of the most stressful jobs in the world as a social worker for the city of Hampton. She'd come home with an arm full of files and sit at our kitchen table and just cry sometimes! BUT! She never quit! I watched God show her favor towards the end of her career there. She had gotten a new boss that nobody seemed to care for and she was very demanding. But for some reason mom would say,"Adolph that woman aint done nothing to me." As time went on this lady helped mom get full disability because of her diabeties as it weighed down on her health...Wow! As i ran i couldn't help but think about how strong she was. I mean it was enough to deal with a crazy job and clients but then she had my, daddy Adolph Young Sr. to deal with..Sheesh! I loved the man,but he was just as crazy as those clients mom had...LOL! BUT! She never quit! So when i thought about my mom and all the crap she had to deal with,but kept pushing...mile 8 suddenly turned into mile 10 and i was done! I'm told i will have these moments years from now,but its all good. Mom's legacy will live on in me. I was glad the Lord allowed her to see and do soooo much in her retirement. That woman literally traveled around the world!!!! I couldn't keep up with her if i had tried..but i miss her a lot. Anyway..stay focused gang and embrace the ones you love while they are alive. Tell them you love them...like a lot...like all the time!! And do something good for yourself,by taking care of yourself! Sodas down!!! Water up!!!!!! Peace and Love!!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely post. I am sure your mother is proud of you. Peace.

    ReplyDelete